Secret Oreo Pancakes Recipe
YIELD: 1-2 servings || PREP TIME: 10 minutes || COOK TIME: 5 minutes
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
scant ¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 cups unsweetened coconut flake
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 Tablespoons coconut milk
2-3 Tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- FROSTING – Using a food processer, mix the coconut flakes until they form coconut butter. Scrape down the sides as necessary. It may not come to a full paste but it should be near creamy.
- Once creamy, add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix again.
- While the mixture is processing, add in splashes of coconut milk until it resembles a creamy frosting that retains a little thickness.
- BATTER – Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Mix milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a separate bowl until combined.
- Add the liquid to the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Add a touch more milk if it’s too thick.
- Drop small scoops of batter onto the lightly greased skillet. When bubbles start to peak through the surface and you see a bit of light browning/crisping up on the underside, flip the pancakes over carefully, about 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat on the other side, remove from the pan.
- Top pancakes with as much frosting as desired. I found a small spoonful between each later was plenty.